Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I think Kingfrog said it all. Good for him.
Here in the Dallas area I would say things are slightly less than normal. I am a real estate broker and we are having the best year EVER! Homes are selling if priced right and the buyers are truly qualified.
I have seen a slow down in new construction - but the builders here have overbuilt the area for years. Now they are having a hard time getting rid of inventory. But that will pass too.

Personally, when I retired 11 years ago I knew I could survive without ever having to work again. Sure, our 3-4 cruises a year would have to be put on hold, and new toys would become just a wish - but what the hell - it all passes with time. This is the 3rd time I have seen this type of economic problems in the last 30 years and things always seem to work out ok.

I do feel sorry for the "debt ridden" families who never learned how to control spending or understand how much trouble they were in finacially.

As for the music industry -it has been on a down turn for years in Dallas. It is really hard now to make your living playing live music in our area. I play my senior gigs each week(about 4 of them weekly) and am paid well for my efforts - but I know a lot of guys playing for peanuts who are gifted players. The studio work is gone, the big band days are over - and the public, in my opinion, couldn't care less if the guy playing can or can't.

Last week I spoke to a friend who played a lot of studio jobs with me in the late 60's. He said when he even gets a call he plays for less money today than we made then. Go figure.

I hope all is well with each of you and that all this worry turns out to be just that -nothing but worry.

Hammer

Sometimes I think they have over exxagerated the economic situation. Actually the majarity of people are able to make their payments. 6% unemployment has been an average for the past 50 years,

I want to know WHO IS RESPONSIBLE for allowing those who could not afford homes buy them. Those who did not have 20% down.

Someone pressured the banks to change their lending practices. It began in the Clinton administration. WE are now forced to pay for those who oucld norafford those homes.

I know the general press wants Obama and I will bet if he gets elected nothing will "change" I just don't understand stealing from the rich and giving it to the poor without the poor having earned it. Sounds like the Soviet Union to me.

What don't people understand about simple math?

JOhn earns $200,000 and pays 25% in taxes IE $50,000

Joe earns $20,000 a year and pays 15% ie
$3000

EVERYONE gets a tax cut of 10%

SO doesn;t it make sense the guy who paid in $50,000 gets back $5000

and the Guy who paid in $3000 gets $300?

Thats what they are calling tax breaks for the rich!!!! Amazing.

OF my boss gets taxed $50,000 more a year guess who loses their jobs? Between my investment income and my wife, we earn enough to keep us in dogs and beans, But I work with people who owe and will suffer badly. Less customers because business owners are paying more and losing customers..... I just don;t understand taxing the rich. Its like a business,,,,,Your goods go up your raise your prices.

But the more people suffer and are called victims the more they vote for those who make promises they cannot keep.

The press is obviously biased. they don;t report the news they TELL US WHAT THINK OF THE NEWS......and who to support. Especially CNN.

Anyway Thank God (yes I believe in God and proud of it) we made good choices and made sacrifices years ago which allows us to buy keyboard like the Tyros.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-03-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA