Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
And the self appointed MS policeman kicks in once again. Your life must really be lacking for this to have become your only mission ... which it really seems to be when we see you are always the dominating poster on ALL MS threads. We don't hear much about the pros or cons of your G70 including style demos of it from you but you seem compulsively determined to count MS demos from others. If I am mistaken please point me to the videos of you demonstrating the G70 .... I guess I must have missed them.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-13-2009).]

Thank You Nigel, I have been waiting for someone to say that!
I do not mean just about the one “self appointed MS Policeman” in this post, but about lot of negative posters that shoot down anyone that will step out on a limb and try something different.

I admire Domenik and the work he has accomplished with the Mediastation. It is amazing that as a small company, he has been able to create such a versatile and powerful instrument, far surpassing well established large keyboard companies in their technological improvements!

We as the keyboard consumers deserve a lot more than we are spoon fed by the industry. My early years working with keyboards saw huge leaps forward in keyboard development. Remember when the Kurzweil K250 was first released? Or when the Yamaha Dx7 first hit the streets? Or the first time you heard heard the lush pads on the Roland D50? I know everyone has their nostalgic favorites, but my point is that we had a lot of amazing advances in keyboard abilities in a rather short period of time. But in recent years I have grown very bored with trips to the music store.

Too often new keyboard debuts are just repackaged tech that we have had for years. We’re often asked to pay way too much for the slight improvements we’re given. I think that if anyone is willing to try and break this mold that we as the SynthZone community, should celebrate!

The success of Lionstracs, or any other forward thinking company, will only push all keyboard companies to improve. Lets not hold back any progress with negativity, but cheer it on. We as keyboard players are the ones who benefit!